Tuesday, December 15, 2009

books can't compete

Books can't compete.

I have been told by a few people in the book business that books can't compete with all the other entertainment options out there.
Maybe, but I have a TV with 100 channels and most of the time nothing interests me. The same with movies, most of them are a let down. Most movies I have seen lately depend on computer graphics that bore me, I have seen the same thing in the last movie or it is unbelievable ignorant and insults my intelligence. Where is the plot, the story, the depth of characters?
So for people like me who aren't entertained by stories without a clear plot or characters that lack depth, books fill that entertainment gap.
I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way. People turn to books to entertain them for different reasons, but I would bet a lot of readers share my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, we no longer allow readers to comment anonymously due to increase in spam. Please sign in and identify security letters to verify you are a human user and not a spam generator.