Saturday, October 3, 2009

Beautiful Day - Time in a Bottle

What a beautiful day it was today! I love this short spell during fall, right before the first frost, when the days are crisp and cool. The weather today was like that - absolutely perfect, sunny, clear sky, moderately warm - just perfect!

It made me think of the Jim Croce song, "Time in a Bottle," a bittersweet lament about savoring the moments you have to share with someone you care about. This was one of those days where I wish I could save it in a bottle, so I could take it out sometime and enjoy it again.

But time isn't like that. Once it is spent, it is gone. I piddled away this beautiful day working indoors on something that probably won't mean a flip to anyone in a couple months - including me. I did manage to take a break from that for a little while to share some of the beautiful day with the loved ones around me.

I know for every person that enjoys a beautiful day, someone else is not having a good day. Things go wrong, and sometimes everything and everyone around you seems to be conspiring to make you end up hating life during that awful time. For some people it seems like no day is a good day. So it is especially wonderful when a perfect day comes along, a day so simply beautiful when nothing bad happens in your little world, it makes you want to rejoice and wish the time could last and last.

But we all know it won't last, so no matter what you are doing, always take a little time each day to enjoy the day, enjoy the company of someone you care about, enjoy life. Because once it's gone, it's gone.

-Willa Kaye Danes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, we no longer allow readers to comment anonymously due to increase in spam. Please sign in and identify security letters to verify you are a human user and not a spam generator.